Your shopping basket is empty. To add an item, click the "Buy" button
Gaugemaster.com Trading Terms and Conditions
Gaugemaster Controls Ltd.
BN18 0BNTel - +44 (0) 1903 884488
Fax - +44 (0) 1903 884377
Contact Form - click here
- Prices are valid at the time of placing the order, but are subject to change without notice. Although we make every effort to ensure advertised prices are correct, there may be occasions where an incorrect price is advertised. Under these circumstances we are not obliged to supply goods at the advertised price where there is an error in any said price. Where there is no manufacturer SRP (suggested retail price) for a product, we have priced using a calculation typical to the Model Railway industry. Please note that prices advertised are VAT inclusive and any customers ordering to non-European Union destinations will need to divide each taxable item price by 1.2. Alternatively the VAT deduction will be calculated for the complete order on selection of the destination country. Literature is not subject to tax and therefore the non-EU price is as shown.
- Pictures on the site are to be used only as a guide. From time to time manufacturers may change colours or other details of their products. We advise any customer who is unsure of the product(s) they intend ordering to contact us prior to placing an order so a member of our sales team may assist (see 9. below).
- Delivery of goods that are in stock will usually be within the carrier’s specified delivery time depending on the service chosen. Items out of stock will be placed on back order and supplied when available and these items will not be charged until they are available to ship. We are unable to hold goods that are in stock pending the arrival of out of stock goods. New, pre-order items are supplied as soon as stock becomes available. Any item on back order can be cancelled at any time up to the point of despatch, with the exception of items that have been specially ordered or built, which cannot be cancelled without our prior agreement. Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock with our suppliers. Some items may be unavailable and the current stock status is approximate. .
- Items ordered using our ‘Next Business Day’ delivery service will be despatched subject to the following conditions:
Orders received before midday Monday to Thursday will be delivered the following day. Orders placed after midday will be despatched the following working day and received the day after. Delivery cannot be made at weekends and bank holidays. Orders placed on a Friday before midday will be delivered on the next business day (usually Monday). Orders placed Friday after midday, or at any time during a weekend, bank holiday, other holiday period, or after midday on a working day that is followed by a holiday, will be despatched the following working day and delivered the day after. Where there are circumstances beyond our control such as severe adverse weather and/or industrial action, we cannot guarantee that Next Business Day orders will arrive in time and no compensation will be granted for late deliveries in such circumstances. The Next Business Day option is available to most mainland UK addresses. All ‘Next Business Day’ packages will need to be signed for on delivery.
- Mainland UK orders above a value of £15.00 can be sent carriage free using our economy service, with the exception of orders containing one or more items above a length of 600mm and below £25.00 total order value. Orders conforming to this exception will be charged carriage at cost, (not to exceed £4.95). Mainland UK orders below a value of £15.00 will incur a small orders handling charge of £2.50. Mainland UK orders solely for catalogues are exempt from the small orders handling charge. Overseas customers are charged carriage at cost. VAT will not be charged on orders sent outside the European Union. We will not be liable for any duty or import taxes that may occur. Please note that carriage is calculated primarily by weight, the heavier the items ordered, the higher the carriage charge will be. Carriage for all non mainland UK ordes will be calculated upon checkout of the order, the cheapest available option will be shown.
- Full payment must be made in advance of delivery by: Visa/ Delta, MasterCard, Switch or American Express. We do not accept payment by Diners Club, and some debit cards may not be useable for mail order transactions. If it is not possible to use a credit or debit card please place your order by using our freepost address: The Engine Shed, FREEPOST BR792, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 9BR. Cheques and Postal Orders should be made payable to "Gaugemaster Controls Ltd.". Payment Cards will not be charged until the goods are ready for despatch. Where part orders are sent, only the value of that despatch will be charged to your card. If a payment is made and subsequently
dishonoured, a charge of £15 will be levied.
- For security reasons, when placing an order, you must give your full name, address and postcode, which must be the same as that held by the payment card company.
- Except for special orders (see 3), goods purchased from us may be returned within seven days of receipt for a refund, providing you have notified us in writing of your intention to return items in person, by post, by FAX or by e-mail within these seven days. The goods must be returned to the above address and the cost of packing and returning any goods will be at the customer’s expense. A handling charge may be levied to cover our outbound shipping costs. Please use a suitable service when returning goods, as we cannot be held responsible for any returned goods lost in transit. We must receive goods within 14 days of receipt, and any goods returned must be received by us in the condition they were received by the customer. Sealed boxes and packages such as plastic or metal kits must be unopened, clear bags with header cards must be intact, goods will only be refunded if they are in the condition that they were received. A full refund will be made within 28 days of the goods being received back by us, less any carriage charge if delivery was outside the UK or if a 'next day' service was used by request, providing the previous conditions are observed. This condition does not affect your rights on the return of faulty goods.
- Orders placed on the website are processed with as little delay as reasonably possible. For this reason, we cannot guarantee that further instructions from customers will be acted upon. We advise any customer who is unsure of the product(s) they intend ordering to contact us prior to placing an order so a member of our sales team may assist.
- Any details held will be used only by Gaugemaster Controls Ltd. and will not be passed on to any other parties. Occasionally we may send you details of special offers, promotions or new price lists. If you would rather not be part of any of these direct mailings, please state this when ordering.
We are always looking to make improvements to our website to try and improve the quality of your visit. We would welcome your feedback and suggestions, so please do not hesitate to e-mail our webmaster with your comments. Alternatively call us on 01903 884488.
Home Cookies Privacy Statement Terms & Conditions Site Map Site Guide
WEEE Regulations Glossary Careers & Jobs
Tel – +44 (0) 1903 884488 Fax – +44 (0) 1903 884377 E-Mail us – click here
Gaugemaster.com is a trading name of Gaugemaster Controls Ltd.
Registered in England No. 2714470, Registered office:
Gaugemaster House, Ford Road
Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 0BN, United Kingdom
VAT Reg. No. 587 8089 71
Copyright © 2003-2013 Gaugemaster Controls Ltd. All Rights Reserved.