- Molded in 3 Colors & Clear Plastic
- Positionable Apron Matches Car Float (933-3152 sold separately)
- Detailed Hoisting Towers & Superstructure
- Metal Code 83 Switch Points Included
To move freight cars between land and car floats, railroads and some private industries constructed Carfloat Aprons. These structures consist of a moving apron (similar to a bridge) that can be locked with the float. This keeps the tracks aligned during switching and allows the float and the apron to move up and down with the tides. Counterweights and lifting machinery are housed in the towers at the end of the apron.
This detailed HO Scale model is an ideal way to add waterfront traffic to your operations. Built on the water's edge, they require little space, but add plenty of interchange traffic. Often found serving large yards as well as industrial areas, they can be among the busiest spots on a railroad. The model features a positionable apron, detailed hoisting towers (unpowered), as well as supporting piers. The three-track apron matches the track pattern on Walthers Railroad Car Float (933-3152), sold separately.
- Height above water: 21.2 x 21.2 x 21.6cm (8-1/2 x 8-1/2 x 8-5/8")