The Sapphire decoder is Hornby's most programmable decoder. Using an advanced CV system; set amounts of "water" and "fuel" can be stored in the Sapphire providing real time fuel consumption and the rate on which it burns. This decoder can be fitted to locomotives with either a 8 or 21 pin socket thanks to the detachable harness.
The Sapphire Decoder is NMRA compliant, and supports RailCom and asymmetric DCC.
- High Frequency back-emf motor control - high frequency to reduce audible noise
- Low speed gear for shunting operations
- 14, 28 and 128 speed steps
- Operation on conventional DC layouts
- Provides 1A continuous motor current and 1.5A stall
- Four function outputs rated at 200mA each. Total current sum of function outputs is 500mA
- Directional or independent lighting, featuring dimming and extensive special effects
- Advanced consist control and extended addressing
- Support for all forms of programming as described in NMRA RP-9.2.3
- 21-pin connector (8-pin harness supplied)