In 2002 the virgin Pendolino burst on to the scene exciting train enthusiasts both young and old. Designed and built by Alstom, these sleek commuter trains could reach speeds of 140mph and a tilting system would enable the 9 car units to glide round curves without too much deceleration. this unique set includes a 4 car Pendolino in n 2012 livery, an oval of radius 3 track with siding, controller with power pack and minimat to create your own miniature world.
Note that this train is only suitable to run on second radius curved track or greater.
- Virgin Trains Class 390 Pendolino Power Car - Motorised
- Virgin Trains Class 390 Pendolino Power Car - Non-motorised
- Virgin Trains Class 390 Standard Buffet Coach (Non functioning pantograph)
- Virgin Trains Class 390 Standard Open coach
- Oval of radius 3 track with siding
- Controller with power pack
- Minimat (1600mm x 1180mm)
This set can be extended by using the Hornby Extension packs.