Model Rectifier Corporation’s ever increasing, world beating model railroad decoder line-up now includes the only 100% drop-in, full-featured, sound decoder for the RS-3 Diesel Locomotive. Designed with MRC’s Brilliance™ live capture, full fidelity sound, this new dual-mode (DCC/DC) decoder with 28 NMRA functions, uses sounds actually recorded by MRC’s Sound Engineer (railside) from a real, American Locomotive Co. (ALCO) RS-3 Turbo-charged prime mover.
The installation couldn’t be easier! Remove the locomotive body, unscrew/disconnect the existing circuit board, drop-in the new MRC sound decoder, and replace the body. That’s it… no chassis mods, no soldering, no wiring, no nothing. Couldn’t be any easier! The speaker is permanently mounted to the decoder, brilliantly delivering the available (33) horns, multiple-bells, brakes, air releases, pop valves, cooling fans, coupling sounds and more. Lighting features including front and rear directional lighting is included too.
They haven’t forgotten analogue users! MRC’s RS-3 decoder is a dual-mode decoder so DC railroaders can get brilliantly synchronized diesel rumble sounds on their layout as well.
- 100% Drop-in means 100% drop-in…absolute plug & play
- Full 28 NMRA function capability
- Select all desired sounds and functions in “seconds”
- No additional time consuming downloading or expensive purchases… All the features are in the decoder
- Superb, Brilliance™ sound quality with multiple sounds and volume selectability
- 18V maximum input