MRC is bringing real life to another quality HO locomotive… the beautiful Kato SD40-2. This vibrant, full sound enhancement to the loco is accomplished by removing the stock circuit board from the locomotive and dropping in MRC’s 1802 digital decoder. That’s right, no modifications are required for installation; even the speaker drops into its own location.
Equipped with MRC’s world renowned Brilliance™ sound, and dynamic, super-fidelity 28mm speaker, the locomotive truly comes to life, from startup to shutdown. From the slowest “creep” to “top-end,” experience railroading like never before. MRC’s true, live capture, full fidelity sound includes SD40 prime mover diesel rumbles, actually recorded (railside) by MRC’s Sound Engineers from the real diesel locomotive, rather than being computer generated. It’s all there… all 28 NMRA available functions, and naturally, MRC provides (16) horns, eight-bells, brakes, air releases, pop valves, cooling fans, coupling sounds and more. Directional lighting is included, and we’ve even added operating Ditch Lights automatically activated by sounding your horn, just like the prototype! All this without any modification needed to the body shell or chassis. Wow! More features to bring your Kato SD40-2 to life.
Power Pack Users aren’t left out in the cold! This 1802 decoder is dual-mode so DC railroaders can get brilliantly synchronized diesel rumble sounds on their layout as well.
- SD40 synchronized diesel prime mover sounds
- 1.5 amp capacity
- 16 different types of horns and 8 types of bells
- Programmable individual sound volumes
- Programmable either 2-digit or 4-digit addresses
- Programmable start voltage and top voltage
- Programmable acceleration and decelaration rates
- Programmable 14, 28, 128 speed steps
- Supports full readback capability
- Selectable factory default speed curve
- Advanced speed table control CV67-CV94
- Kick start voltage control CV65
- 3 headlight effects: Directional / rule 17 /off-dim-bright cycle.
- User controllable ditch lights
- 28 accessory functions (F1-F28)
- Supports advanced consisting (CV19)
- Supports programming on the main (OPS mode)
- Compatible with NMRA DCC standards
- Complies with Part 15 of FCC Rules
- Length 83mm
- Width: 16mm
- Height: 7.5mm
- 28 mm speaker included
- Completely replaces Kato OEM circuit board