This one piece sound decoder/speaker combination replaces Kato’s factory installed printed circuit board, by simply removing the loco body, unclipping the factory unit, and dropping in the decoder. A miracle of N-Scale decoder engineering, there’s no connectors, no wiring, no machining, no “dremeling”; the easiest decoder installation possible.
Imagine… MRC’s “Brilliance™” sound that’s virtually “plug ‘n play” in one of N-scale's smoothest running and most popular locomotives. All 28 NMRA available functions, and your choices of 8 bells & 16 horns will make the P-42 come alive like never before.
- Two selectable diesel prime mover types with randomly associated locomotive sounds
- User selectable 16 different horns and 8 bells
- 28 accessory functions allowing more sound control than ever
- Programmable individual sound volumes
- 1.0 amp capacity
- Programmable for either 2-digit (1-127) or 4-digit (1-9999) addresses
- Programmable start voltage
- Programmable acceleration rate
- Programmable deceleration rate
- Programmable top voltage
- Programmable 14, 28, 128 speed steps
- Selectable factory default speed curve
- Supports full read back
- Supports advanced consisting (CV19)
- Supports programming on the main (OPS mode)
- Compatible with NMRA DCC standards
- Complies with Part 15 of FCC
- PCB size: 90 x 14 x 4.2mm
- Speaker: 13mm speaker included
- Directly replaces Kato GE P42 and EMD E8/9 PC Boards.
- Kato P-42 Genesis not included.