German Federal Railroad (DB) class 96 heavy freight locomotive. Mallet design articulated locomotive with compound running gear consisting of high and low pressure cylinders.
This is a finely painted and imprinted unit with an articulated frame to enable it to negotiate sharp curves. All of the driving axles are powered. The dual headlights change over with the direction of travel and are warm white LEDs. The locomotive has finely detailed valve gear. It also has an imitation of brake shoes and rail clearance equipment. The minimum radius for operation is 145 mm / 5-3/4".
- Pulling and pushing heavy freight trains on steeps grades.
- Exclusive special model only for Insider members.
- The right motive power for the Insider annual cars that have come out in the past.
- Finely detailed valve gear and imitation brakes.
- Märklin exclusive special model - produced in a one-time series.
- Frame and body of locomotive metal.
- Locomotive with 5-pole motor.
- Dual headlights that change over with the direction of travel.
- Class: BR96
- Livery: DB Red / Black
- Epoch: 3 (1945 - 1970)
- Wheel Configuration: 0-8-0 0-8-0
- Length: 81mm