German Federal Railroad (DB) class 18.1 as it looked in Era IIIa around 1954.
This model has been extensively reworked and is finely detailed. The locomotive body and frame are constructed of metal. The imitation of the brakes, the sand pipes, rail clearance devices, etc. on the underside of the body are finely modelled. The valve gear and rods are finely detailed. The locomotive and tender have larger buffer plates. The locomotive has a 5-pole motor. All 3 driving axles are powered. The locomotive has dual headlights. The tender has spoked wheels.
- Locomotive frame and body constructed of metal.
- Finely detailed rods and valve gear.
- Brake riggings, rail clearance devices, etc. modelled.
- 5-pole motor.
- Dual headlights.
- Metal locomotive frame.
- Locomotive with 5-pole motor.
- Dual headlights that change over with the direction of travel.
- Class: BR18
- Livery: DB Red / Black
- Epoch: 3 (1945 - 1970)
- Wheel Configuration: 4-6-2
- Length: 112mm