German Federal Railroad (DB) class 038.10-40 steam locomotive with a tub-style tender and with Witte smoke deflectors and 2 boiler domes (steam dome, sand dome). Former Prussian P8.
The locomotive has a frame, superstructure, tender, and applied parts constructed mostly of metal. This is a highly detailed model with many separately applied parts and a detailed engineer's cab. The locomotive has an mfx digital decoder, controlled high efficiency propulsion, and a sound generator with operating sounds synchronized with the wheels as well as extensive sound functions. It can be operated with AC power, DC power, Märklin Digital, and DCC. 3 axles powered.
The locomotive has a built-in smoke unit with smoke exhaust and cylinder steam synchronized with the wheels. The triple headlights have a light color correct for the era and change over with the direction of travel. The headlights and the smoke generator will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally.
Maintenance-free, warm white LEDs are used for the lighting. The locomotive has engine cab, firebox, and running gear lights. The locomotive has a reproduction of the prototype coupler on the front and on the rear of the tender. An accessory package with a reproduction of the prototype coupler, a claw coupler, and a figure of a locomotive engineer and a fireman is included with the locomotive. Minimum radius for operation 1,020 mm / 40-3/16".
- Tub-style tender as completely new tooling.
- Highly detailed metal construction.
- A smoke generator with smoke exhaust and cylinder steam synchronized with the wheels included.
- Operating sounds synchronized with the wheels and controlled by the load.
- Smoke box door with many original details, can be opened.
- Headlights with a light color correct for the era and warm white LEDs.
- Two-color fire box flickering light.
- Running gear lights included.
- Engine cab lighting included.
- mfx decoder for operation with AC power, DC power, Märklin Digital, or DCC.
- Metal frame and locomotive body.
- Installed interior lighting.
- Automatic claw couplings can be replaced with screw couplings.
- Installed sound electronics.
- Triple headlights that change over with the direction of travel.
- Vehicle is equipped with sprung buffers
- Digital decoder with up to 9 digitally controlled functions when operating with the 60652 Mobile Station or 60651. Up to 5 functions in operation with Control Unit 6021. Prepared up to 16 functions with future controllers. Assigned functions depending on the equipment of the locomotive.
- Class: BR38.10
- Livery: DB Black / Red
- Epoch: 3 (1945 - 1970)
- Wheel Configuration: 4-6-0
- Length: 645mm