German Federal Railroad (DB) class 194 as it looked in Era IV around 1982. Heavy freight locomotive with roof extensions, 3 DB style lanterns, visible cooling pipes, and separately mounted approach lights. Chrome oxide green basic paint scheme. Road number 194 111-1, based in Freilassing, Munich District.
This is a finely detailed model with a lot of pulling power. The locomotive has an mfx digital decoder, controlled high-efficiency propulsion, and extensive sound functions. The locomotive can be operated with AC, DC, Märklin Digital, and DCC. It has a centrally mounted powerful motor with drive to all of the axles. The double-arm pantographs can be raised and lowered by servomotors in digital operation.
Warm white LEDs are used for the headlights. They will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. There is white LED lighting in the cabs. The LED approach lights ("Hella" lamps) work and can be controlled. The cab doors can be opened, there are interior details, and Cab 1 has a figure of a locomotive engineer.
The pantographs can be raised and lowered by servomotors in digital operation. The locomotive has claw couplers installed at the factory that can be replaced by 2 reproduction prototype couplers included with the locomotive. An extensive accessory package is included with buffer beam latches, steps, cross connectors between the rail clearance devices, and brake shafts. Minimum radius for operation 1,020 mm / 40-3/16".
- One-time series
- Double-arm pantographs that can be raised and lowered by servomotors in digital operation
- Warm white LED headlights
- Approach light can be turned on and off
- Pivot pin spacing can be adjusted from a radius of 1,020 mm / 40-3/16" to a radius of 1,555 mm / 61-1/4"
- Metal locomotive frame
- Built-in interior lighting
- Power supply can be switched to operated from catenary
- Automatic claw couplers can be replaced with reproduction prototype couplers
- Built-in sound effects circuit
- Triple headlights that change over with the direction of travel
- Built-in interior details
- Locomotive / car has sprung buffers
- Digital decoder with up to 9 digitally controlled functions, which can be operated with the 60652 or 60651 Mobile Station. Up to 5 functions, which can be operated with the 6021 Control Unit. Equipped for up to 16 functions with future controllers. The functions present depend on how the locomotive is equipped
- Class: BR194
- Livery: DB Green
- Epoch: 3 (1945 - 1970)
- Wheel Configuration: Co-Co
- Length: 587mm